All applicants must fulfill the General Admissions Requirements & “English Language Proficiency Requirement” prescribed by the Graduate School, CUHK
In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, applicants should:
> have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Medical Sciences or Engineering disciplines from a recognized university; or
> have completed a programme of study in a tertiary educational institution equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree and obtained relevant professional working experience
Secondary School Teachers
Researchers who want to update their knowledge in biological sciences
Professionals who want to understand what biochemical and biomedical sciences are, and to learn about their potential applications
Fresh graduates who wish to broaden their knowledge in biochemical and biomedical sciences
40 students each year
How to Apply?
Online Application through the Graduate School Website
All applicants who apply for admission through online application should submit the hardcopy of the following supporting documents to the relevant Graduate Divisions by the deadline. Otherwise, their applications may not be further processed. All documents submitted will not be returned. Please always quote the Application No. in your future correspondences.
1. Copies of Degree Certificates;
2. Official Transcripts from the University attended by applicants*;
3. Confidential Recommendations from two referees respectively#;
4. Documents showing the applicant has fulfilled the Graduate School's English Language Proficiency Requirement;
5. Copies of Identity card or Passport;
6. Application Fee Receipt (Not necessary for credit card payment through online application);
7. Other supporting documents upon request of the relevant Graduate Division.
<Notes for Application>
* Non-CUHK qualifications: Photocopies will NOT be accepted. Applicants should first download the “Transcript Submission Covering Sheet” and send it to their universities to apply for transcripts. Transcripts should be returned directly to relevant Graduate Divisions in sealed envelope.
# It should be sent directly from the referees to the relevant Graduate Division/ Programme. (i) Input two referees’ information through the “Online System for Applicants of Postgraduate Programmes”; or (ii) Download the “Confidential Recommendation” / “Referee’s Report” and send one to each of your referees and request them to return the recommendations to the relevant Graduate Division.
For 2023/24 admission: 28 February 2023
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until all places have been filled. Therefore, early applications are strongly encouraged.